Saturday, August 4, 2007

Sits and Hurries and Downs, Oh My!

Hello, all!

Well, little Annabelle has had a good week! Command wise, she has hurry, sit, and kennel down pretty well. She does hurry for pee extremely well, the second she is told the word...the poop hurry takes a bit longer, but I can tell she understands it because if I tell her hurry she does immediately start SNIFFING to find a spot, so that's something anyway. We are working on down now, which is proving to be not as simple as sit was, but it's still very early :-) She is still so young, so her attention span isn't that long, so obviously we keep the training sessions short, usually ten minutes or so at a time. I'm doing mealtimes mostly since she eats best by hand.

She got to meet my freelance editor's kids today (2 girls), and she did very well with them. She kept all four feet on the ground while greeting them, so I was quite proud. She even performed a sit for one of the girls, which was good.

She is still as precious as ever...she gets the hiccups a lot, and I tell her that if its true that the hiccups means you are growing that she is going to be the size of an elephant! But so far she's not a very large elephant...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear she's doing well!

Cute story! Onalee went to KPT yesterday, Saturday and was a champ. But it was so funny, because the teacher asked all the dogs to perform a "shake" She looked at me to tell Onalee to shake. I was caught off guard and said "Uhh she just learned sit..." Nonetheless, she told me to try. And just to prove me wrong, she shook. I said "onalee shake, held out my hand and I see this little black paw raise up and drop in my hand."Needless to say we tried everything throughout the rest of the training, she did her under, her roll, her down stay, wait, did a perfect here and dress....don't ask me how the only words she has heard are "here, kennel, hurry, down, sit and quiet!!"

These puppies, I swear! I'm glad to hear Orianna is doing well, but watch out she'll make you look stupid when you think she can't do something!

Cassie and Ms. Knowitall