Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Nylabones are for Amateurs


Don't let that angelic face fool you...
Hey, so I know that CCI puppies are supposed to be the picture of obedience, the perfect listeners. And I can play that role...but deep down inside, I am a REBEL! I love to run, the wind blowing in my face, ears flying behind me! I love to chew everything...the chair, the rug, you name it. I get corrected, but I laugh in the face of correction. HAHA! I laugh! I spit in its face! HA! When I run, I am demon-like! Posessed! HAHAHAHA (evil laugh)! I throw off my gentle leader and stomp on it in protest!


Well, okay, okay, so maybe SOME of that was a little exaggerated, but I really do like to run and chew. But maybe I exaggerated a little about not caring about corrections...I really don't like to have my cruff shaked or chin bopped...and I didn't ever really spit. Spitting is gross. And so maybe Mom won't let me take off my gentle leader...and maybe I don't act like a demon...


LOL- you guys bought it, didn't you! With a mom that's an author, I'm learning more than sit around here, huh? Haha. Love you all! Orianna~

5 comments:

Kimberly and Rufus said...

What is a chin bop correction? Haven't heard of it before. I know my CCI raiser friends have used the scruff shake when needed and "Don't" and also vinegar water spray.

colbymarshall said...

A chin bop is just what it sounds like, you give the chin a little "bop" with your hand (underneath the mouth, going upward, not hard, just enough to get the attention). It is another CCI correction that is sometime's used.

colbymarshall said...

to make more clear, as I realized that this didn't explain well, the chin bop is done with your open palm...

Kimberly and Rufus said...

okay, thanks for the explanations! I asked my friends about it, and while they know about/how to use it, they prefer the other corrections. That might be because of their health issues, or maybe just because their current pup seems to be pretty soft. He turns in to AT in November. He and Rufus are really going to miss each other. They've become such good pals.

colbymarshall said...

Lol- yeah, I actually prefer the other ones if they are effective, but unfortunately I have had two puppies in my raising experience (Rogue and now Orianna) that can be pretty hard headed, lol!