Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Just Call her Chew-bacca


Look out world, here comes Orianna, and she's hungry for life! Ok, well, maybe not hungry, but definitely in the mood to chew...everything! You have to watch this one every minute...she like to chew anything she can get her mouth on, including flip-flops (people who come over to swim that don't know to pick them up have a surprise!) or the sides of chairs. And she's sneaky about it...she will look all sweet and innocent until you turn your head, and that's when she'll grab the chair leg. But she does know don't and will stop when corrected, it's just that she tends to go back for more if she thinks she'll get away with it...which she's not going to...sorry, Annabelle!


Annabelle has also decided that she will take up "lonely barking" as a hobby in her crate. Now, this is tough one because she never does it, even if I'm not in the room with her, if she knows I'm still CLOSE. It's when she hears me leave the next room that the "fun" starts. So, I have had to get sneaky...I PRETEND to leave the next room and then hide just beyond the doorway where she can't see or hear me, so she thinks I've gone...then, when she barks, I leap into action from behind the door with my bitter apple spray (we don't use vinegar/water because she actually seems to like the vinegar...). Point one goes to the puppy raiser!


She's doing good with command work. She is learning "Wait" and is doing very well with it. She will do a "Wait" while I place her bowl down with her food until I release her, which is great because usually this is one of the times when the pup's are LESS keen to Wait, when food is involved!


Well, that's it for now. We'll do some more updates later this week!

No comments: