Friday, September 28, 2007

Eating: All the Cool Kids are Doing it!


So, I have some great news: Orianna ate dry kibble today with no sauce, gravy, or whatnot mixed in with it! I know that seems like it wouldn't be a huge deal, but trust me, it's a major breakthrough! She is eating about 2 1/2 cups a day, which still isn't a whole lot, but is getting better considering that's definitely up from 1! She hasn't been a big eater since she got here, but it does seem like over time her appetite is slowly picking up. We had our next vet visit today and Orianna weighed in at 21.9 pounds, which the vet said is not AS much weight as she should be gaining, but she is in good body condition and there is no problem, so she's doing well for now so we're going to keep doing what we're doing. If all goes well, hopefully her appetite will continue to pick up and she'll get up to a full 3 cups soon. Well, I think that's all we've got for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!

Shes 16 pounds LIGHTER than Onalee?? And my vet says she could stand to gain some weight.

Wow.....that's amazing. But Onalee is eating 4 cups of food a day, which I guess would do it.

Hope all is well, we're huddled up inside, we're in the midst of a nasty thunderstorm. It's her first one, wish us luck. I doubt she'll notice...she didn't care in the car when we were driving through it to get home.

Give the little one(I wish mine was still little) a kiss for me!!

CCI pup said...

WOW! Orianna is so different compared to Oswego. Her face is more pointy and smaller then Oswego. Everyone tells me that they like Oswego big square Head. She looks like she will be a petite, and slim. Maybe because she is a female. But i would have never guessed Oswego and her came from the same litter.
Oswego is about 29lbs now. Eats 3cups of food.
Oswego should be getting his last shots soon.
Right now we are at Roanoke College for Family weekend and Oswego has his manners with him YAY!