Sunday, October 7, 2007

Sold!


Puppy's Sold by: Colby Atkins
To be sung to the country song "Sold (The Grundy County Auction Incident)", and with my apologies to John Michael Montgomery...



Well I went down to the Atlanta airport

to pick up something I just couldn’t pass up.

My mind told me I should proceed with caution,

but my heart said,."Go on and love that pup!



So I said 'hey, pretty puppy, I hope you don’t whine,

Cause for a little while you’re gonna be mine, all mine,

I'll do your feeding and be at your beck and call.

'Yeah I've never seen puppy have a coat with that much shine,

man, I’m excited to have her, she's a one of a kind.

I'm goin' once, goin' twice.

I'm sold! to the puppy in the traveling crate,

she's snuggly, she’s cuddly, she’s not irate

She's got a fast wagging tail, black hair, brown eyes,

And I’m about to kiss my heart goodbye!



Well, I swore I wouldn’t fall for her

Cause I know I’ve gotta give her back

But when I started singing it proved

that when I thought I couldn’t get attached I didn’t know jack!



Cause I said 'hey, pretty puppy, I’m the raiser you’re assigned

And at least for now, you’re mine all mine

I'll do your bathing and teach to sit and down.

'Yeah I've never seen any pup lookin’ so cute,

She’s playful, she’s loving, and smart to boot!

I'm goin' once, goin' twice.I'm sold! to the puppy soon to wear a yellow vest.

Well she won my heart, it was no contest,

with her fast wagging tail, black hair, brown eyes,

I think I better kiss my heart goodbye!



Well, we found friendship at the airport that day and I hauled her to my home and away.

And even when she turns in I’ll look back and laugh about how we met that day:



When I said 'hey, pretty puppy, now I’m glad I didn’t decline

When the PPM said for a while you could be mine all mine,

I'm teaching you manners and making sure you pee outside.

'Yeah that day I’d never seen a puppy who was such a mess,

Little did I know how much of my life she’d bless.

I'm goin' once, goin' twice.I'm sold! to the puppy now in my living room,

Her young little life is now in full bloom

She's got a fast wagging tail, black hair, brown eyes,

and I've done kissed my heart goodbye!

No comments: