Saturday, October 13, 2007

She is Our Sunshine!

Hi everyone! Orianna is doing great, as always! The more I am around her (which is all the time, lol) the more I am in awe of what a joyful little puppy she is! It never ceases to amaze me how different all three of my CCI puppies have been. If I had to sum them up in a brief statement, Rogue is the lovable goofball, Kekah is the co-dependent cuddlebug, and Orianna, well, she is the little sunshine. I don't know if I had mentioned this, but I did find out that her name actually means "dawn", which I think fits her so perfectly because her personality is just like little rays of light. I would say she is just a mix of Rogue and Kekah: she has Kekah's trainabilty and Rogue's little independent streak. She is a headstrong little puppy, but she is also very motivated by praise and eager to please, which is a good combo.
Right now, we are working on Kennel very hard. She does NOT want to kennel when told, but then again, when she is out in the house playing and the kennel door left open, she will just wander in there on her own and settle in if she's tired. So, it's not that she doesn't like her kennel, it's just that she doesn't like going in if she is not ready to, which is also known as "Orianna Rebel Syndrome". There's that independent streak I was talking about.
But, that independent streak can go two ways, I suppose, assuming we hone it in some. Kekah was not independent enough and therefore had a lot of separation anxiety when she went to AT, so if we can master Orianna's little stubborness, I think it will be a benefit in the long run. Anyway, that's all we've got for tonight! Hope you all are having a pleasant weekend!

No comments: