Sunday, July 29, 2007

A Puppy Raiser's Prayer




A Puppy Raiser’s Prayer


by Colby Atkins




Dear Lord, thank you for this little angel
you have put into my care
I pray that you will bless us individually
and our training as a pair
Help my puppy to learn and grow
To be healthy, swift, and bright
Fill her little brain with knowledge
help her discern wrong from right.
Watch over me as I raise her
help me to know just what she needs
Give me the balance of patience, firmness, tenderness and humor
That I need to teach her and to lead.
For I know that with your grace and peace
our success will ensue
Because I trust that you not only have plans for me
But plans for her, too
For whether graduate, breeder, or release
Is destined to be our pinnacle
I pray you’ll guide the hand that guides the paws
that will one day be someone’s miracle.

3 comments:

The Puppy Raising Roller Coaster said...

Hi My name is MeKalea and I raise puppies for Guiding Eyes for the Blind in NY. May I link to your blog?

Maddie said...

LOVE IT!

ps - adorable picture

Kimberly and Rufus said...

Thanks for letting me link to you Colby. Orianna is a cutie! :-)